From stargazing on the top of Mount Everest to a photoshoot in the forests of the Amazon, the 1740 is your ideal method for protecting a telescope, jack hammer, rifles, chainsaw, tripods and lights, and other long gear. We developed the 1740 for easy one person transport and it's depth and length allow for infinite storage possibilities. Like all Pelican cases, standard features include a dustproof and watertight seal and it is backed by our legendary lifetime guarantee of excellence.
- Four extra-deep base-to-lid locking cleats that ensure maximum stacking stability
- Watertight, crushproof, and dustproof
- 6-piece foam set
- Lifetime Guarantee of Excellence
- O-ring seal
- Open cell core, polymer wall construction
- Stainless steel hardware and padlock protectors
- Two Integrated Automatic Pressure Equalization Valves
- Two rugged double-wide handles
- Wide-track polyurethane wheels with ball bearings and nylon hubs
- Made in the USA
Exterior Dimensions: 44.16" x 16.09" x 14.00"
Interior Dimensions: 40.98" x 12.92" x 12.13"
Int Volume: 3.72 ft³
Padlock Hole Diameter: 5/16"
Weight with foam: 27.00 lbs
Weight without foam: 22.00 lbs
Buoyancy: 267.00 lbs
Body Material: Polypropylene
Latch Material: ABS
O-Ring Material: Polymer
Pins Material: Stainless Steel
Purge Body Material: ABS
Purge Vent Material: 3 Micron Hydrophobic Non-Woven
Foam Layer 1 (Lid): 2.50" - Convolute
Foam Layer 2 (Base): 1.50"- Pad
Foam Layer 3 (Base): 2.17" - Pick N Pluck
Foam Layer 4 (Base): 2.17" - Pick N Pluck
Foam Layer 5 (Base): 2.17" - Pick N Pluck
Foam Layer 6 (Base): 2.17" - Pick N Pluck